Tips for Smooth Disaster Recovery
In the event of a flood, fire, mold discovery or storm, being prepared is the best line of defense.
Take a look at MJM Property Restoration, LLC’s advice on what to do before and after a disastrous event and contact us when your home or business needs our help.
- Take photographs of the property before a natural disaster occurs.
- Back up your computer and/or manually critical information such as financial documents, mortgage information, etc.
- Assign the task of communication with the insurance carrier. Understand your policy!
- Protect your property from further damage.
- Call MJM Property Restoration, LLC at (888) 446-9737.
- Contact your insurance carrier.
- Document the damage by photograph or videotaping the scene before any clean-up activities begin.
- Request a complete copy of your insurance policy.
- Document your activities and save all receipts, including those for property replacement and alternate living expenses.
- Make decisions that are best for the survival of your business and/or family.
- Seek assistance to better understand your insurance policy.
Free Financial Planning Guides
“Disasters and Financial Planning: A Guide for Preparedness” is offered to you as a public service of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), AICPA Foundation, the American Red Cross and the National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®). For anyone who has experienced a disaster, a booklet called “Disaster Recovery: A Guide to Financial Issue” is also available. You can get a copy of the book from the AICPA, state CPA societies and any local Red Cross chapter in the United States. It is also available on the web at the American Red Cross website.